I have a BFA in Creative Writing. Most of my work is poetry and short fiction. I tend to be experimental. In 2015, my poem “Hyoo-ack” was awarded Editors’ Choice by Scribendi, a literary journal based out of the University of New Mexico. Currently, I am pursuing an MFA in Creative Writing at Chapman University in Orange, CA.
These are the short stories and poems I’ve written that have been published in literary journals and magazines.
- “Failure” in Calliope, 2021
- “perfectly, immediately” in Calliope, 2017 (as Jaye Dye)
- “Hyoo-ack,” “Eroica,” and “Ithaca,” in Scribendi, 2015
- “Happiness is.” in Sapere Aude, 2015
- “108″ in Calliope, 2014 (as Joseph Dye)
- “The window fog of breath unbeautiful” and “And I can hear it,” in Calliope, 2012
I’ve self-published a number of zines. Most of them are limited edition and only available in-person at zine fests, but my 2018 poetry zine is available for free download (link below).
- Ghost Princess Art Book, 2019 [Art / Available in person]
- My hair is let down and I feel like forgiving, 2018 [Poetry / Available in person] [PDF Download]
- To Live in CA, 2016 [Experimental / Out of Print]
- Mickey Mouse Zine, 2015 [Mixed media / Out of Print]
- THIS IS A ZINE ABOUT THE NIGHT, 2014 [Poetry and short fiction / Out of Print]